This past weekend was reserved for everything Christmas! Christmas cleaning, decorating, and getting into the holiday spirit. We set out to buy a tree, get some new lights and watch a few Christmas movies together to kick off the season. Being Friday night, I thought I would test out a few Christmas cocktail recipes to enjoy and have in my back pocket for when we host Christmas eve dinner this year.
My favourite drink is the delicious spicy Caesar, and because of the colour I immediately thought it is perfect for Christmas but I should add a special twist - a new rimmer concoction. I just picked up a refill of Himalayan Table Salt and thought it would add something special to the usual rimmer mix. Here is what is in my Christmas Rimmer:
Teaspoon of Himalayan Table Salt
Teaspoon of Celery Salt
½ Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
Sprinkle of Thyme
1 Slice Lime
1.5 Ounce Vodka
5 Squirts Worcester
5-10 Squirts Tabasco
- Mix rimmer ingredients together on a shallow plate.
- Rim glass with lime slice then dip in rimmer plate.
- Squeeze remainder of lime in rimmed glass.
- Add ice.
- Pour 1.5 ounce of vodka.
- Grind a hint of black pepper.
- Sprinkle a little rimmer over ice.
- Squirt worcester.
- Squirt tabasco to taste.
- Fill with Clamato juice.
- Garnish with a pickle and olives for a little snack and hint of green!
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!